Hi. My name’s Alex. I do a number of things.
- Marketing and biz dev in engineering / R&D. This is the brand I am launching from scratch. It’s a hoot.
- On the side, I’m online editor, social media, and sell ads/retail for Ski The East.
- Versed in all aspects of multichannel marketing, PR and social media (big and small budgets) after a decade of expanding responsibilities within the ski/golf/tourism industry on both coasts. Love the ski business and may return someday. Free agent industry expert since 2010 delivering occasional consulting.
- Capable videographer, editor and multimedia producer/live talent for web and TV.
- Sometimes my friends that manage ski areas hire me to do random projects that require deep industry knowledge.
- Raising the family in central Vermont. My wife makes and sells baby/toddler goods locally. Sometimes I blog about that too.
Got a problem, idea or question? Those are fun.
- 1alexkaufman(at)gmail.com or alex(at)skitheeast.net or @kaufmanwithak are fastest.
- I also offer the $50 conference call when there’s a crisis.
“Alex trained three people in our office to integrate social media into our regular customer service, marketing and merchandising efforts. He made it accessible and we got quick results. He has a way of communicating that is fun but also candid and efficient.” Steve Hingtgen – Owner, Vintage Trailer Supply via LinkedIn
“I highly recommend Alex to anyone looking for a marketer/communicator with great skills in the social media space.” Eric Hoffman – Interactive Marketing Manager, Park City Mountain Resort via LinkedIn
“I learned a ton from him and he was/is always thinking of new, creative, and awesome ideas fully tailored toward whatever audience needs to be tailored to. He is a one-man marketing machine.” Jessie Perkins – Network Facilitator at Bethel Area Non-Profit Collaborative via Slopefillers
“Alex is one of the rare examples of a Marketing Director who understands how to communicate to a wide array of audiences with just about every communication method in the book.” Dave Amirault – Interactive Marketing Manager, Aspen/Snowmass via LinkedIn
“This I will say, Alex worked for me as a Snow Reporter, de facto Communications Manager at Killington in 2003 and was/is top notch. Anyone looking for thoughts on him can start with me.” Steve Wright – VP Marketing and Sales, Jay Peak Resort via Slopefillers
“Alex is a leader in communication, ideas, brand management, and recognizing the needs of a business for it to be vital and of interest to customers and industry peers alike.” Thomas Prindle – VP Marketing, Attitash and Wildcat Ski Areas via LinkedIn
“Alex has done work for me at The Snow Industry Letter and I would recommend him without reservations. He is a pro.” Mary McKhann – Publisher, Snow Industry Letter via Slopefillers